Project appraisal are undertaken on behalf of funders, donors, and equity or lending institutions prior to agreements being signed and construction undertaken. QSS conducts project appraisals for financial institutions and lenders such as TUHF, TUSK, Old Mutual, ECEDT, etc. QSS is currently busy acting as lenders’ consultants for several active projects.
Appraisals provides comprehensive overview of a project, and aims to identify areas of risk such as:
- Evaluating project documentation including loan agreements, project brief and design parameters, professional appointments, building contracts, technical documents, drawings, and tenders.
- Visiting site to identify the conditions under which the work will be executed.
- Reviewing implementation to assess the risk of delays and the possible impact of cost that the delay may have.
- Evaluating the technical and management expertise of the project team.
- Identifying the cost of exclusions from the project scope such as furniture, furnishings, equipment, operational supplies, pre-opening expenses.